Compare Personal Loan Companies & Rates from Our Partners
Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along special info with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
In this guide, you can compare our choices for the best personal loan companies from our partners and find answers to some of the most common questions that borrowers have.
The best personal loans have low rates, no or low fees, and a variety of repayment terms to choose from. You can use the funds for debt consolidation, home improvements, or typically whatever else you need money for.
- Rate Beat Program available
- Accepts joint applications for every loan type
- LightStream has one of the highest loan limits; allowing borrowers take out up to $100,000
- Zero origination, prepayment penalties, or late fees
- Plants a tree for every loan
*Your loan terms, including ount, term length, and your credit profile. Excellent credit is required to qualify for lowest rates. 12 year loan terms are only for Home Improvement loan purpose. Rate is quoted with AutoPay discount. AutoPay discount is only available prior to loan funding. Rates without AutoPay are 0.50% points higher. Subject to credit approval. Conditions and limitations apply. Advertised rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
Payment example: Monthly payments for a $10,000 loan at 3.49% APR with a term of 3 years would result in 36 monthly payments of $.
© 2020 Truist Financial Corporation. SunTrust, Truist, LightStream, the LightStream logo, and the SunTrust logo are service marks of Truist Financial Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Lending services provided by Truist Bank.
Personal loans are generally offered with fixed interest rates that are lower than other financing options, such as credit cards, allowing for a straightforward repayment process
- Access to free credit monitoring, a credit simulator, and free educational resources
- Upgrade may allow you to temporarily reduce your monthly payments due to hardships
- Funds will be sent to your bank via ACH within one (1) business day of clearing necessary verifications
- No prepayment penalties
* Personal loans made through Upgrade feature APRs of 0.00 – 0.00 . All personal loans have a 2.9% to 8% origination fee, which is deducted from the loan proceeds. Lowest rates require Autopay and paying off a portion of existing debt directly. For example, if you receive a $10,000 loan with a 36-month term and a % APR (which includes a % yearly interest rate and a 5% one-time origination fee), you would receive $9,500 in your account and would have a required monthly payment of $. Over the life of the loan, your payments would total $12,. The APR on your loan may be higher or lower and your loan offers may not have multiple term lengths available. Actual rate depends on credit score, credit usage history, loan term, and other factors. Late payments or subsequent charges and fees may increase the cost of your fixed rate loan. There is no fee or penalty for repaying a loan early. Personal loans issued by Upgrade’s lending partners. Information on Upgrade’s lending partners can be found at
**Accept your loan offer and your funds will be sent to your bank or designated account within one (1) business day of clearing necessary verifications. Availability of the funds is dependent on how quickly your bank processes the transaction. From the time of approval, funds should be available within four (4) business days. Funds sent directly to pay off your creditors may take up to 2 weeks to clear, depending on the creditor.